1. What’s the best thing about being a real estate agent?
Controlling your own destiny. You work for yourself. There is no ceiling to the level of success you can achieve. The harder you work, the more you will make. I don't know another profession like that.
2. What’s the hottest thing in NYC real estate right now?
The East Village! It's incredible. We have four projects in the East Village right now and they are flying off the shelves.
3. What makes a property great?
The 3 Ls: Location, Light (natural), Layout. If all 3 are great, then the property is great. After those 3, everything else is personal taste.
4. What’s your favorite way to celebrate a sale?
Sell something else.
5. Describe the next season of Million Dollar Listing New York in three words.
Oh. My. God.
6. What has been your proudest career moment?
My team. I love watching everyone on my team grow. No one has ever left me, so my team has just grown and grown to include some of the most successful and courageous real estate agents in the business. A few years ago Bryan Atienza was a rental agent in New Jersey. He's now on his fourth new development project with me.
7. What has been your biggest gamble?
Doing MDLNY when everyone—and I mean everyone (except my boss)—said NOT to do it.
8. What's your best piece of real estate advice?
For brokers? Stay positive and focus on the year—not the day. For everyone else? Your house isn't worth as much as you think.
9. Penthouse or mansion?
Depends... on the location, light, and layout.... But probably penthouse.
10. If you could switch closets with anyone, who would it be?
11. What are the three things in your closet you can’t live without?
Blue suit, black suit, gray suit.
12. What was your most recent splurge?
13. What's the best advice you’ve ever been given?
Take care of the music, and the music will take care of you.
14. What’s the best place you’ve traveled to?
15. Where do you hope to travel to next?
Corfu... for my wedding!!!
16. What’s best souvenir you’ve ever bought?
A bracelet in Hawaii two years ago. The woman in the store said it would bring good luck and tied it on my wrist and it hasn't fallen off since. It's crazy.
17. What's one thing not a lot of people know about you?
I used to be a cowboy. In Steamboat Springs, CO on my family's ranch. Horses, fence, and cowboy hats.
18. What superpower do you wish you had and why?
Time travel. I would go back in time and buy up as much of Manhattan as possible. Don't hate the player, hate the game!
19. If you could moonlight as another profession, what would it be?
Acting. I studied to be an actor until I got into real estate to help pay the bills. I did my first movie last year, While We're Young with Ben Stiller.
20. What's the best thing that's happened to you this year?
Ask me in a few months and I will say getting married.
21. What's your favorite NYC activity?
Selling real estate.
22. What’s more difficult: acting or real estate?
23. What director would you love to work with?
24. What is the new hot summer place to buy?
Montauk. I have a project out there that we will launch over Memorial Day weekend—12 houses on the ocean. They're unreal.