FROM LEFT: Jason Binn and Stewart Rahr; Serena Williams and Brianna Birtles
Empire State of Mind
We can't believe it’s November—a month of chillier days, holiday prep and fantastic events. We’ve turned our food focus from leftover Halloween candy to Thanksgiving feasts, and for those of us who prefer someone else do the cooking, these restaurants come through: Montenapo, The E.U., Craft, BLT Market, Gilt, Park Avenue Winter and The River Café (to name a few).
There are also a bevy of can’t-miss events this month that will get you in the spirit:
• The ING New York City Marathon (November 1)
• Fall foliage in Central Park
• The New York Comedy Festival (November 4–8) (See our hilarious interview with festival participant Tracy Morgan in this issue.)
• Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade (November 26)
• Holiday windows on Fifth Avenue
• Braving shopping with friends and family on Black Friday—retail’s biggest day
• For parrotheads: Jimmy Buffett at Madison Square Garden (November 24)
• For Knicks fans: the start of the basketball season
Enjoy it all!
BRIANNA BIRTLES JASON BINN
PHOTOGRAPH BY BRIAN KILLIIAN/WIREIMAGE.COM (BIRTLES)
Behind the scenes with Sigourney Weaver in her Gotham cover shoot.