CLOCKWISE FROM TOP LEFT: Ryan Bedford and Brianna Birtles; Barack Obama and Bernie Yuman; Jarrod Weber and Jason Binn; Reshma Shetty, Mark Feuerstein, Bonnie Hammer, Jill Flint and Paulo Costanzo celebrate USA’s Royal Pains at the summer kick-off party with Hamptons and Gotham magazines at the Jose Cuervo Platino Penthouse at Hudson Terrace. PHOTOGRAPH BY BRIAN KILLIAN/WIREIMAGE.COM (SHETTY, FEUERSTEIN, HAMMER, FLINT, COSTANZO)
This month we're happy to bring you our Best of New York issue, packed with New York City’s finest restaurants, nightclubs, retail stores, spas, gyms and more. There are many stories and people behind our city’s best offerings, and we include a few in these pages. Among them are Rich Schaeffer, owner of the new Soho hot spot Harbour, which happens to be as cutting-edge as they come (sustainable seafood, local wines), and a sneak peek at Aston Martin’s new DBS Volante. We also visit the Chapin Estate, a beautiful gated residential preserve in New York’s Catskill Mountains—truly a must-see.
WHAT WE LOVE
Here are a few NYC favorites that we can’t live without:
• Brunch at Bagatelle
• Burgers and tots at Daddy-O
• Ricky’s at Diablo Royale
• Drinks with friends at the Frying Pan
• Sunset tours on tall ship the Liberty Schooner (libertyschooner.com)
• Bottle service at M2 Ultralounge
• Karaoke with coworkers at Second on Second
• Swimsuits from Rosa Chá
• Dresses and accessories from Wink Boutique on Spring Street
• Baubles from Jennifer Miller
• Shoe haven Chuckies
• Games at the new Yankee Stadium!
• Drinks at Above 60 (the rooftop bar at 60 Thompson)
• Iced coffee from Nespresso (visit the newest outpost in Soho)
• Jack Olive’s fi rst US boutique
• Cut (Justin Block) and color (Christoph Ghirardo) at John Barrett Salon
• Pedicures and manicures at Polaris Nail & Spa
Gotham Magazine hosted its latest issue featuring the current cast of Saturday Night Live at the Four Seasons Hotel on Monday, February 23.