1. NATE BERKUS Interior Designer and Host, The Nate Berkus Show
My favorite place in Manhattan right now is Hudson River Park. It’s the perfect walk along the city... and when I can’t get to the gym, a great spot for a run.
2. JEFFREY CHODOROW Restaurateur, Tanuki Tavern and Carte Blanche
The Meatpacking District—the only nightlife district for New Yorkers and a great example of how an area that was once the home of hooves and hookers can be transformed into something that’s vital to what makes New York City New York City.
3. JOHN CROCCO Creative Director, Perry Ellis
The Campbell Apartment(15 Vanderbilt Ave.). A chic little hideaway in Grand Central that’s had several wild incarnations— formerly an opulent office designed after a 13th-century Florentine palace, once a jail and now one of the best places to get a cocktail in Midtown.
4. ERIC DAMAN Costume Designer, Gossip Girl Tompkins Square Park. From the fresh local farmers market in the summer to the snowmen and twinkle lights in the winter—it’s a true gem and oasis in the heart of the East Village.
5. SELITA EBANKS Model
The farmers market in Union Square. You can get the freshest ingredients, and it’s like having your own personal farm in New York City.
6. JEFF HALMOS Codesigner, Shipley & Halmos Russ & Daughters (179 E. Houston St.) in the East Village. Deliciousness.
7. LEORA KADISHA Founder/CEO, styledon.com
There’s a swing set in a small park on Horatio and Hudson in the West Village that I frequent. It makes for the perfect break from working, shopping or walking.
8. PAUL MARLOW Cofounder/Designer Loden Dager The Neue Galerie(1048 Fifth Ave.) on the Upper East Side—one of the most perfect visual and spatial experiences in the city. And they have coffee.
9. ALEXIS MAYBANK Founder, Gilt Groupe
I love the Alice in Wonderland statue in Central Park and drinks in the garden at Norwood Club in Chelsea (241 W. 14th St.).
10. LILY RABE Actress
I’m currently obsessed with Frankies 457(457 Court St., Brooklyn) in Carroll Gardens, particularly the back garden. I can happily lose hours there.
11. AMY ROSENBLUM Senior Executive Producer, LX.TV New York Louis Licari in Midtown Manhattan (693 Fifth Ave.) is more than a hair salon for me. It’s a place where I go for comfort, for advice, for friendship, for love—and of course my hair always looks great.
12. CYNTHIA ROWLEY Designer, Cynthia Rowley The Chelsea Hotel (222 W. 23rd St.). The legacy lives on.
13. RESHMA SHETTY Actress, Royal Pains
The bronze statue of Gandhi by Kantilal Patel in Union Square. Gandhi is one of my idols, and I love the juxtaposition of his serenity against the bustle of the square.
14. ANTHONY SOSNICK Founder/President, Anthony For Men Teardrop Park in Battery Park City is a great place to spend time with family, play tennis or go for a run near the water.
15. SIMON SPURR Creative Director/Designer, Simon Spurr and Spurr Guggenheim Museum(1071 Fifth Ave.) on the Upper East Side. It’s the perfect combination of innovative yet understated architectural design and also recently exhibited one of my favorite artists, Richard Prince.
16. DAVID STARK President/Creative Director, David Stark Design and Production
Be it a movie or a cuttingedge performance during the Next Wave Festival, BAM(30 Lafayette Ave., Brooklyn) in Fort Greene has propelled Brooklyn to the center of cool.
17. CARYL STERN President and CEO, U.S. Fund for UNICEF Dag Hammarskjold Plaza in Midtown because it’s the only space in New York dedicated to peaceful demonstrations. I worked in a nearby building for years, and I heard “We Shall Overcome” sung in just about every language.
18. MELANIA TRUMP Former Model, Entrepreneur and Creator, Melania Timepieces & Jewelry
Trump International Hotel and Tower’s Globe sculpture (1 Central Park West) in Midtown. It brings back amazing memories of my travels around the world modeling and ultimately settling here. It also embodies the beautiful international acceptance and appeal of New York City.
19. WENDY WILLIAMS Host,The Wendy Williams Show
The Lincoln Tunnel because it brings me to my TV studio and my favorite city on the planet, then returns me safely to the familiarity of my home and loving family in New Jersey.
20. ANN ZIFF Founder, Tamsen Z Jewelry
The Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Monument at 89th and Riverside on the Upper West Side. I grew up nearby and tried to play hopscotch on the canonballs—an impossible task, but fun for little girls to attempt.